Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Curious Case of LeBron James

Should LeBron James stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers or should he go elsewhere in free agency? I personally think he should stay, but since it’s not my decision we’ll let him decide. Here is what I imagine is going through his head right now.

Should I stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers or should I leave?

*To Stay
-I was born in Ohio.
-My family and I are comfortable and know where everything is.
-My family and I know the people of this area.
-I’m already a hero here.
-I’m already a superstar here.
-I’m already rich.
-My team is good.
-I have a good General Manager and Owner.
-The team is trying to win now.
-I could lead the Cleveland Cavaliers to their first title ever.
-Many of the all time greats only played for one team during their prime.
-I could make the most money if I resign here.

*To Go
-My family and I could explore a new area and meet new people and be adventurous.
-I could be a hero in another town.
-I could make more endorsement money being in a bigger market.
-I could lead another team to a championship.
-I could be the best player ever for multiple franchises.
-My team is aging and doesn’t have a great young nucleus for the future.

I’m sure there are a countless number of variables to LeBron James’ decision, but it does seem as though staying may be the best choice. In the not to distant future we will find out what The King is going to do. I predict he will stay put though. Time will tell. I could be right or I could be wrong. We’ll see.

1 comment:

  1. I think people will respect him more if he stays with the Cav's.

    ReplyDelete