Monday, March 22, 2010

The Washington Wizards 2010 Lottery Draft Board

Here is what I think the Washington Wizards draft board should look like.

1. John Wall = Gilbert Arenas isn’t going to win a championship for us. John Wall might!

2. Evan Turner = We have needed a solid shooting guard since Jerry Stackhouse, Richard Hamilton, and Michael Jordan. He could be a Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade clone who can get points, rebounds, and assists.

3. Greg Monroe = He can play Center and Power Forward. He’s also a very good passing big man. He could probably start right away for us.

4. DeMarcus Cousins = He’s a big bodied Center, but he might also be a Zach Randolph clone. He might be risky, but he also has a lot of upside.

5. Derrick Favors = A great Power Forward prospect. If we draft him though, Andray Blatche might have to play Center full time.

6. Cole Aldrich = He’s a very polished Center. He’s solid on defense. I think he would start right away for us.

7. Al-Farouq Aminu = I don’t know if Al Thornton or Josh Howard or Mike Miller are the answer at Small Forward for our team. Aminu can score some and get rebounds and assists.

8. Patrick Patterson = I don’t think he’s going to be a star, but I think he will be a solid starter or bench player in the NBA. I wouldn’t mind having him on this team.

9. Hassan Whiteside = He’s raw and has a lot of work to do, but he could be very good in a couple of years. If none of the other players are left, I’d take him.

10. Ed Davis = He’s raw and has a lot of work to do, but he could be very good in a couple of years. If none of the other players are left, I’d take him.

11. Wesley Johnson = I could move him up to number 7, but I think he might be maxing out already. I don’t know why, but I always listen to my gut. If I’m wrong though, he could be a Caron Butler clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment