Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Chicago Bulls should trade Derrick Rose


I have some unpopular opinions. I’m not afraid to express them and I’m not afraid to be criticized for them. They are opinions. They are thoughts. It’s just how I feel. Here is one opinion I’m sure others don’t agree with. The Chicago Bulls should trade Derrick Rose. Some may call me crazy, but here is my reasoning.  

As Herm Edwards once said, “You play to win the game”. Seems simple. To take it one step further, a team should play to win a championship. Simple concept right? Not every franchise attempts to achieve this though. A lot of franchises attempt to build towards the future instead of operating in the present. Sometimes I agree with this business approach. Most of the time I don’t though.

The Chicago Bulls are built to win now. Right now. This season. The championship seems wide open this year. There is no clear favorite so far. The Chicago Bulls should be trying to strike while the iron is hot. Derrick Rose has missed the last two seasons and has been hurt for most of this season. Having him sit on the bench isn’t helping Chicago win any games.

That is why I believe they should trade him. I’m not sure what the market is for him, but I’m sure they could get a serviceable point guard and shooting guard for him. To me, The Bulls need some more ball handling and shooting to really take them over the top. Trading Derrick Rose could get those for them.

As I said at the beginning of this article, I know my point of view is crazy to some, but it does hold some merit. Chicago wants to win a championship and they believe they need Derrick Rose to do so. I disagree. I believe if they have the right pieces they can accomplish their goal. Trading Derrick Rose can bring those pieces into play right now.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment